SEND Leadership Programme: Module Five - Leading Others
Wednesday 9th - Thursday 10th May 2018.
The Children and Families Act 2014 expects significant changes in the way that SEND services and support are delivered and the outcomes that are achieved. This will require effective local leadership that understands the reforms and their aspirations, and is also able to demonstrate effective, solution-focused leadership that leads to real change.
For the last two years, to help with this challenge, the Department for Education has commissioned a leadership development programme from NDTi as part of the national delivery support contract ‘Delivering Better Outcomes Together’. Following extremely positive feedback from participants and managers DfE is commissioning and part-funding a third cohort of 40 people for 2017.
Module 5: Leading Others
- Team dynamics and increasing team effectiveness – including strategies for motivating and developing other people to help deliver change
- Relationship management and emotional intelligence – including approaches to inspiring others, networking and managing conflict
- Understanding organisational culture and how it can be used to help make sustainable change happen
- The leadership challenges for the future – reflecting on the whole programme – what does this mean for successful delivery of the SEND reforms?
- Peer group learning on personal projects.
Please note this event is only open to people on the SEND 2017/2018 programme.