SEND Leadership Programme Module 1
17th-18th July 2018 at Dunchurch Park Hotel, Rugby
All participants on the SEND Leadership Programme should have received registration information. If you have any questions, please contact Pauline Roberts on 01225 789135 or [email protected]
Overall theme – leadership and change
- The history of special educational needs and disability to contextualise the society and services within which we operate.
- The policy context – the Children and Families Act 2014 and related policies. The challenges this brings for SEND Managers and colleagues.
- On the nature of leadership – what is a leader, what are the key characteristics of effective leadership, how to build those into a personal operating style.
- Understanding how organisations work – the theory and practice of organisational life. Why do our organisations function in the ways that they do, what are the implications of that for how we operate as leaders.
- Change management strategies – the theory and practice of how to make effective change happen in ways that produce the desired outcomes.
- Development of the personal, work-based ‘project’