Preparing for Adulthood - SEND Employment Forum - West Midlands: Tuesday 8th October 2019
This Forum meeting will cover a wide range of topics related to employment support for young people with SEND. The is event is open to professionals and parent carer forum representatives from across the West Midlands region.
The draft agenda includes the following sessions:
- Black Country support for schools with Penny Davies and Julie Platt from the Department for Work and Pensions
- Progress on supported internships and factors supporting success with Keith Bates from Mutually Inclusive, Bristol
- The benefits to employers of employing disabled people / what the research tells us with Carol Robinson from preparing for Adulthood
- There will be opportunities for group discussion about experiences of approaching employers
- Employer session and Q&A with Teresa Platt from the Royal Stoke University Hospital and Jennifer Cleary from Sodexo
Please come prepared to share your experiences of employer engagement and ideas of what you want to share or request.
Lunch will be provided, so do register and let us know if you have any dietary or access requirements.
To register to attend, please go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/preparing-for-adulthood-send-employment-forum-west-midlands-tickets-70003563543
Please note, online tickets will be available until 30 September. If you would like to book on to this event after this date, please contact Preparing for Adulthood:
01225 789 135 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Preparing for Adulthood Programme is delivered by NDTi.