Our Next Generation Leadership Programme is about ensuring that Learning Disability Services are prepared for the future by giving tomorrow’s leaders the right skills and knowledge to drive forward change.
The Programme is aimed at people already working in learning disability services with significant management responsibility who have the potential, in around 3-5 years from now, to be taking on senior leadership roles
Applications are now closed.
Start Date: July 2018.
Download programme information and application forms from the right hand side
The programme contains:
- A detailed focus on leadership, personal style and achieving change
- An exploration of the leadership styles needed to deliver rights, choice and control within the current economic climate
- Leading edge practice sessions on key policy priorities
This means that the people appropriate for this programme might be, for example:
- A learning disability commissioner in a local authority or CCG
- The senior learning disability manager in an NHS Trust
- Area or regional managers in a large provider
- Second tier manager in a smaller provider
The programme consists of :
- 4 x one and two day residential modules (held in the Midlands)
Participants are required to attend all sessions. The programme will be facilitated by Rob Greig (NDTi Chief Executive and former Government National Director for Learning Disabilities), Madeline Cooper-Ueki (NDTi Programme Lead for Learning Disabilities) and Bill Love (NDTi Head of Development Support).
Since 2015 the Next generation Programme was joined by the SEND Leadership Programme commissioned by the Department for Education.
Following completion, participants will be able to join the Next Generation ‘Alumni’ which now includes Chief Executives, Directors of Commissioning and Assistant Directors of Social Services.