From central government to small local organisations, NDTi can help to make sure that leadership plans and strategies are more likely to achieve positive outcomes for people.
A large amount of NDTi’s work is about helping organisations to develop and improve their overall leadership approach to plan and deliver services.
This covers four main areas:
Service Review and Evaluation
We undertake service reviews and evaluations for a range of organisations, all with the aim of producing realistic, evidence based recommendations for change and improvement. This can include:
- Strategic reviews for service providers across their whole operations
- Reviews and evaluations of individual services
Commissioning is often the key to achieving better services. Our work has included:
- Strategic reviews of commissioning strategies for local authorities and PCTs/CCGs;
- Developing and delivering commissioner development programmes;
- Supporting commissioners to develop the market.
Organisational Leadership Development
Often organisations ask us to help them develop their future vision and how they organise themselves to achieve that. For example we:
- Work with organisations to help them undertake cultural and organisational change;
- We deliver leadership development programmes.
National Policy and Advice
We work with government and national organisations to help ensure policy and its delivery achieve good outcomes. This involves:
- Leading national delivery programmes for Government;
- Developing good practice materials, toolkits and resources to assist in delivering policy;
- Promote and engage in national debate to help ensure policy and its delivery helps achieve inclusive lives for people.