NDTi Endorses Community Care Conference
NDTi is endorsing the Community Care Conference, 'Achieving person-centred care for adults subject to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)'.
Achieving person-centred care for adults subject to the MCA and DoLS
Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
21st November 2012, Holiday Inn London – Bloomsbury
People with learning disabilities who are in supported living, and many care home residents, are being deprived of their liberty without safeguards despite living very restricted and controlled lives.
Under the Dols, councils and primary care trusts must ensure people who lack capacity to decide on their care and treatment are only detained in care homes and hospitals if this is required. This could be because this is in their best interests, necessary to prevent harm to them or a proportionate response to the risk of harm.
At our one day conference on Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Mental Capacity Act we will explore:
• Outline of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards;
• Understanding and applying the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards;
• Overview of the current DoLS issues;
• The difficulties in working with people with fluctuating capacity;
• The legal status of supported living schemes;
• Implications of Court of Appeals ruling in Cheshire West and Chester Council v P and P and Q v Surrey Council. Will this mean that fewer care home residents would have access to the safeguards?
Register for MCA and DoLS on or before 16th November 2012 to book a place for just £199 + VAT. For more information follow the link on the right.
Alternatively you can call +44 (0) 20 8652 4659 or email [email protected] and please quote booking code NDTIE.