SEND Leadership Programme: Module Three - Personal Resilience and Leadership in Difficult Times
Tuesday 23rd - Wednesday 24th January 2018.
The Children and Families Act 2014 expects significant changes in the way that SEND services and support are delivered and the outcomes that are achieved. This will require effective local leadership that understands the reforms and their aspirations, and is also able to demonstrate effective, solution-focused leadership that leads to real change.
For the last two years, to help with this challenge, the Department for Education has commissioned a leadership development programme from NDTi as part of the national delivery support contract ‘Delivering Better Outcomes Together’. Following extremely positive feedback from participants and managers DfE is commissioning and part-funding a third cohort of 40 people for 2017.
Module 3: Personal Resilience and Leadership in Difficult Times
- A specific focus on leadership in difficult financial times and at periods of major organisational change.
- Personal learning styles – what is your preferred way of operating, what type of leader are you? How do your values and beliefs impact upon your leadership style?
- Self-leadership – how to develop resilience, adaptability and take appropriate risks whilst setting challenging objectives.
- Large group interventions: How to work with multiple stakeholders and large groups of people to develop plans, strategies and action
- Peer group learning on personal projects.
Please note this event is only open to people on the SEND 2017/2018 programme.