Delivering High Quality Employment Plans in Learning Disabilities and Mental Health in Yorkshire & Humberside
As part of Yorkshire and Humberside’s programme to deliver best practice and outcomes on employment for people with mental health problems and learning disabilities, the NDTi has been commissioned to offer planning support to Local Authorities.
This support will:
- Help local commissioners, planners and leads think about the impact of current plans and investment strategies
- Consider the key elements of effective employment strategies
- Provide a ‘critical friend’ review of draft plans
- Deliver a small number of regional best practice workshops
Each Authority who chooses to participate in the project will receive 5 days of support plus access to regional events. Ideally local learning disability and mental health services will work together.
The programme will be delivered by:
- Simon Whitehead firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah Parker email@example.com
- Peter Bates firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Love email@example.com
Participation in the programme is by invitation.
Information from July 27th Event in York
- Download Bill’s opening presentation
- Download Simon Whitehead’s presentation on commissioner planning
- Download Deborah Parker’s presentation on Outcomes
- Download Simon Whitehead’s presentation on Education
In preparation for the first site days thinking about current delivery of employment supports, some sites have asked for a simple questionnaire that can be circulated to all employment providers. We have adapted one which can be found by downloading the questionnaire on the right. Please use it if you think it might be helpful.
NDTi Guides issued on producing an employment strategy for people with a Learning Disability and a commissioning strategy for Mental Health employment for Yorkshire & Humber Improvement Partnership
A guide to producing an employment strategy for people with a Learning Disability
Valuing Employment Now expects every Local Learning Disability Partnership Board to ensure that a cross agency employment strategy is in place that can take forward the development of employment opportunities for people in their local area. This guide is to assist commissioners and others in the Yorkshire and Humber Region with their local employment strategy.
A guide to producing a commissioning strategy for Mental Health employment
This document provides a summary of what policy and good practice indicates should be done at a local level to help support people with mental health issues into paid work.
Standards for webpages
As part of the NDTi’s work with YHIP on employment plans, a question was raised about employment websites resulting in the attached brief guide. It is intended to support thinking and ideas.
For more information about the programme or if you would like to know more about other NDTi employment support programmes please contact Bill Love.